Have you ever wondered, "Is buying property in Mexico a good investment?" The short answer is a resounding "Yes!" In fact, owning a vacation home in a popular resort destination can provide excellent ROI and portfolio diversification, according to Investment Properties Mexico. By investing in real estate south of the border, buyers can secure ongoing income that beats stock market returns; delivers better value than comparable seaside properties in California and Florida; and offers a number of exciting lifestyle benefits. It’s also easy for expats to buy property, obtain a six-month tourist visa, or become a Mexico resident.
Prospective buyers need to look no further than Los Cabos, one of the most upscale and in-demand real estate markets in the hemisphere. Why buy a vacation home in Los Cabos? Location, location, location.
Occupying the tip of the Baja Peninsula at the place where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez, Los Cabos features an unusual blend of broad sandy beaches, dramatic rock outcrops and rolling desert foothills that rise to tall mountain peaks.
Situated just below the Tropic of Cancer, the region enjoys a mild Mediterranean-like climate, with 340 days sunny days per year, cool sea breezes and low humidity. The average temperature is 78 degrees F—ideal weather for all outdoor activities.
Los Cabos offer a staggering array of activities you simply can’t find anywhere else in the world, including a wide variety of land- and water-based adventures, 18 golf courses (headed by the world-class layout at Quivira Golf Club), superb restaurants, sumptuous spas, and the largest concentration of ‘gran turismo’ hotels in Latin America.
In the past few years, Los Cabos has become the premier getaway for celebrities, jet-setters and those who can afford to go anywhere. And while Los Cabos has offered exceptional appreciation value for more than a decade, the pandemic has had the effect of pushing sales to unprecedented levels.
Here are five compelling reasons why Los Cabos is a worthwhile real estate investment:
1. Strong U.S. Dollar. Both the U.S. and Canadian dollars have been at historic highs against the Mexican peso, which translates to fantastic deals for investors. From
real estate investment to the daily cost of living, Los Cabos offers unbeatable value compared to other popular vacation destinations worldwide.
2. Healthy Return on Investment. In Mexican hotspots like Los Cabos, turnkey vacation home rentals offer 7% - 10% ROI, which beats the stock market and also offers a hedge against inflation. Los Cabos achieves 80% - 90% annual occupancy rates on a regular basis.
3. Cultural Familiarity. Mexico is a close neighbor to the U.S. and Canada, sharing many cultural traditions and similarities. From the food (and tequila!) to the shopping and activities, there is quite a bit of American influence in Mexico, just as there is plenty of Mexican influence north of the border.
4. Easy Access. Los Cabos has vastly improved its air connectivity over the past few years, with access available from major gateways throughout the U.S. and Canada. Connecting flights to cities around the world are plentiful. Owners and visitors can travel back and forth stress-free.
5. English-Speaking Locals & Expats. Don’t speak Spanish? No problemo! More than one million Americans now live in Mexico full or part time, easily the largest expat population anywhere in the world. In addition, there are plenty of English-speaking locals, including professionals like lawyers, doctors and dentists as well as retail and restaurant workers. Best of all? Los Cabos extends the warmest welcome in Mexico.